A lesson in cognitive dissonance
Jesus calls his people sheep. Yesterday, and even today I have quite a bit of cognitive dissonance. I can’t believe the damage the christian right has done by not standing up for what is truly right. The herd mentality. The sheep who no longer hear the good shepherds voice. I am on the correct side of the issue, but I don’t feel like THE sheep. I don’t feel like I am in that crowd of believers who will follow the wrong voice over the cliff to their own demise. I am so freaking sad over it, over them. According to the teachings of Christ they are wrong.
What am I? I am a liberal believer, and according to the hard left of politicizing religion, they may not feel I am on the correct side of the issues, or even a christian at all for the lack of whipping up my emotions on Sunday, and voting for things that would hurt the working poor, the elderly, and children. I must be a goat. The devils own goat who wants to abort children, which is not true and people have got to think past those hot button issues the pulpit talks about. If you vote democratic, you’ll go to hell. Really? What does Christ say about that?
Here is my call to action. We need to care for those who are already on this Earth. People need to relearn what they are called to be. We are not to be politicizing religion, and listening to those that pervert religion, and the issues of society to the benefit of the rich.
What are those issues? What did Jesus say about those issues?
“Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.” Leviticus 19:15
- “Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan.” Exodus 22:22
- “He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.” Proverbs 14:31
- He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.” Proverbs 19:17
- “If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.” Proverbs 21:13
- “A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.” Proverbs 22:9
- “He who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and he who gives gifts to the rich — both come to poverty.” Proverbs 22:16
- “Do not exploit the poor because they are poor and do not crush the needy in court.” Proverbs 22:22
- “A ruler who oppresses the poor is like a driving rain that leaves no crops.” Proverbs 28:3
- “He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses.” Proverbs 28:27
- “The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.” Proverbs 29:7 I am a democrat, and I believe deeply in this; to care for the poor, and less fortunate. Where oh where are the Republicans who say they are Christians, yet vote against the very things God says to do?It’s way past time for people to Speak Out. To stand up for what is good, to bring relief and blessing into people’s lives. Use their God-given wisdom, and critical thinking skills, because I see no evidence the republicans are following the voice of the good shepherd or being good stewards of what and whom they are responsible. So why give them props??? and using Gods name to do it.